8.29.2007

quarbolous

Current Mood: you are just in time for moviestime

Here's a little tip.

If you watch a foreign film, and the first five minutes seem confusing, one of two things is probably happening:

1) It's a foreign film. Subtitles and SparkNotes help, but you're out of your element here, so just hang on, watch carefully, and try to watch body language and facial expressions to catch what's going on. Cut yourself some slack!

2) You're a dumbass. You put the DVD in upside-down and are watching side 2, which is why the action started without warning, there was no title screen or credits, and you don't know who any of the characters are.

On a related note, I recently watched Das Boot (recommended to me by several people). I'm trying to use my Netflix subscription to watch some classic movies as part of my LoTtdBID. I thought it was a really good (if lengthy) film and recommend it, especially if you like war films, specifically submarine films.



Additionally, Bradley shared a video with me the other day that I found fairly offensive, but also hilarious. Alex told me it was flat out "the worst thing he'd ever seen in his entire life". Curious?

No comments:

Post a Comment