12.17.2005

carefully constructed

Current Mood: brain dead
Current Music: Bang Your Head (Metal Health) by Quiet Riot

Tagged by: luckey_me

instructions: list seven songs you are into right now. no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. post these instructions in your livejournal along with your seven songs. then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

1. "Bonecracker" by Shocore
2. "Simple Man" by Shinedown
3. "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger
4. "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major-General" by Gilbert and Sullivan
5. "Shooting Star" by Bad Company
6. "Up For Breakfast" by Van Halen
7. "Hold The Line" by Toto

I doubt seven people that read this (I DO have at least seven readers, right??) will bother, but here goes:

1. peggusus
2. snowintexas
3. docmilanowski
4. curlycorrie
5. ixrockxoutxloud
6. jaded004
7. bifevo


So, yeah. Finals are over with, and I'm exhausted. I don't think any of my three finals (calc, cs, physics) went very well. I suppose I will wait for the final grades/results before I launch into this giant agonizing monologue of how I think I'm a failure and will possibly switch (engineering) majors. How academics as a whole have completely kicked my ass and I'm worried and broke, how I've lost my truest, deepest sense of direction. How my stomach hurts all the time and I know exactly why. How I hate both of my parents right now simply because they've divorced, I don't know how to talk to mother, I have no car. How I really want to go skiing but I probably can't because the one real option I have involves doing something I don't think I should really accept. How somebody I deeply love and care about no longer seems the same...


But.
I'm supposed to be happy now, right? Christmas and stuff?

some things I want for Christmas:
a new cellphone battery, flatscreen monitor, mp3 player, new watch
new gym shoes and bookbag, jeans, newsies hat like Spanke
book 4 of the Age Of Unreason by Gregory Keyes
From the Earth to the Moon DVD miniseries


Sis and Brad are driving up here to pick me up tomorrow afternoon (yay!). From there, I don't know what will happen. I want to think about it more, but it hurts to think. I need advice, but I don't know from who.

3 comments:

  1. As far as my music listening goes I put my list on random and let it work from there. I dont think I could list seven songs I am really into.

    As far as newsie style hats that Spanke and I wear, you can find them at Kohls. Typically where they keep accessories like gloves, belts, hats, and so forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Do you realize that almost none of those are gifts that people can buy without you and surprise you with?

    I hope you're enjoying time at home. :-\ And that you'll get to go skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that style of hat well! Woo to that. (Oh, and Newsies style singing and dancing in the streets. I keep hoping one day my classroom will break out into song and dance, but it's yet to happen.)
    I hope you get to go skiing and that whatever is holding you back you just accept it. People care about you and wouldn't offer you things if they didn't mean it. You're the least likely person I know to push someone into something they don't want.
    Also, i think you should call me for 2 very important reasons: 1)when you get my package and 2)I have yet to get that play feedback! (Though, admittedly it's no help unless I am on a working computer...no matter.)
    Take care nerd and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete