11.26.2011

BACK IN MY DAY...

Current Mood: is it okay to get all reflective about college, when I'm still in it?

The summer before my freshman year of college I got a form letter from Purdue letting me know who my first roommate would be. I didn't know the guy, he was randomly assigned from a pool of people that (from what I was told) matched my preferences on smoking, sleeping and study habits, stuff like that. I was so excited for school that I super geeked out and emailed the guy that day to make sure we both didn't bring a microwave, stuff like that. He seemed pretty laid back, and I was pretty optimistic.

Sidebar: guy's name was Jason Lee, and it seemed like everybody *but* me assumed he was an asian guy. I never thought that until everybody started saying something. I guess I watch too many Kevin Smith films?

At any rate, when I first met him he was this giant all-american wrestler from a rich suburb of Chicago. A lot of the first week of school we hung out and got to know each other, which was pretty cool.

I only bring this up because I think if that happened now, I probably would've gone and found him on Facebook that day. I would've known what he looked like, what kind of music and movies and sports he liked, and we probably wouldn't have had anything to talk about that first week. How the times have changed...

No comments:

Post a Comment