9.17.2005

open source pandas

Current Mood: hilarious
Current Music: "Breakdown" by Tom Petty

Before I even talk about the show, you have to hear this (er...read this).
We (The Fools) meet at the Union before the show to warm up, get ready, things of this nature. Benji says something about a d20 and pulls his out, and so do I. I yell "skill check" and roll, only to have the dice land exactly on a 20.

John and I, in perfect unison, look at each other and go "A natural twenty!" and high five.

The group stares, and we laugh. The perfect way to start.


Show: PSUB Improv Night feat. the Ship of Fools and Crazy Monkeys
Venue: PMU North Ballroom
Audience: ~ 130 paying students
Fools: Paul, Andy, Matt, Spanke, Benji, John, and Ryan
Comments: Oh boy. I didn't think we did that well last night, but apparently we rocked some feeble worlds out there. We tried to shake things up and tried some new games (Interrogation, for example, where I had to figure out I was Martha Stewart the necrophiliac) and we got some good laughs. Nicknames turned out to be the order of the night as I used mine (T. Rex) and John's (Freshman) in a game of The Clap and Three Things, respectively. Speaking of (3 Things), Benji, John, and I got back on the improverbial horse and finished with time to spare- it felt fantastic. More video, more applause, and more laughter. Awesome. Also, Kyle (Fool abroad) stopped to see the show!
Unofficial winner: Ship of Fools. Despite our insistence this wasn't a "battle"...it kinda was. And from what I've heard, we really did end up being much funnier, much more entertaining than the Monkeys (I keep wanting to put Monkees), with more variety, more audience participation, and more laughs. Yay!

Oh, seriously, I didn't think we did that well. I didn't feel well on stage for some reason. Still:

*random fan came up to me at lunch in Hillenbrand Dining Hall to tell me that Fools were very funny and "definitely beat the Monkeys" (the unsolicited compliment was that much better since it was the next day and was just a random place)

*GreatCounterpart: don't know if i mentioned this earlier... but you and the fools rocked
GreatCounterpart: the friends that i came with came up to me and were all "you've gotta let me know when the fools are going to be playing next..."
GreatCounterpart: y'all were great
GreatCounterpart: and for the record... you guys beat the pants off of the crazy monkeys
GreatCounterpart: and i told them i'd get on the website/talk to you about the times of the "special shows"
GreatCounterpart: aka... the shows in the dorms, etc
GreatCounterpart: they all i don't want to make you explode or anything
GreatCounterpart: but they all thought that you were particularly funny

and perhaps best of all
*Kyle and her ladyfriends want to start a fan club. For me.
-blink-
With, like, t-shirts and everything.


I don't know what to say.

4 comments:

  1. t-shirt t-shirt!

    Even if they put "PURDUE" on it in big letters I'll still wear it around campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I dare say that we should go golfing but instead of using clubs we should get flamingos and instead of hitting it into a cup we should swing it at Star Jones?
    If we cannot do that, can I join the T. Rex fan club? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Garwood: D-List Purdue celebrity

    sweet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't forget who gave you your start.

    ReplyDelete