4.05.2005

"I prefer a more rich orchestral sound"

Current Mood: thriller
Current Music: "Seven Seas of Rhye" by Queen

Today was unbelievably gorgeous outside. So nice, in fact, that in between calculus lecture and an exam review I wandered over to the engineering fountain and laid out on a grassy knoll to "study some physics". I woke up about 40 minutes later refreshed and relaxed. It was sunny with just the right amount of clouds, just the right amount of breeze...ahhhh. Simply wonderful. I don't think I've ever enjoyed spring more.

On top of that, I saw a several people on campus today that I knew for various reasons, something that's been happening a lot lately. The first few months here, with 30,000 students running around it seemed like I was going to a new class every day. I felt like a faceless number in a gigantic crowd. Now I'm involved with the Fools and I've been to a bunch of other groups and lectures, and I at least see lots of familiar faces. It's a fantastic feeling. That, and the fact that I know my way around this gigantic campus very well (I like to go exploring) makes it feel smaller.

I once had a teacher tell me that a big school like Purdue "has everything you could ever need...but nobody tells you how or where to get it. You have to figure that out on your own. When you get into the real world though, you know how to get just about any thing you ever need." Sounds about right.

*A note about the following:
Blogger has adjusted the commenting system - it is now possible for non-bloggers to comment, so please feel free to leave your thoughts. I would appreciate hearing from you.

If you read this,
You must post a memory of me.
It can be anything you want;
It can be good or bad,
just so long as it happened.
Then post this on your blog,
To see what people remember about you.

If you woke up and I was in bed with you, what would be your first thought?
(Now post this in your journal and find out what mine would be.)

How much do your LJ friends love you? by ladybugadria
username
age
choose one
loves you lotsjedi_master14
thinks of you as their best friendpeggusus
pretends to like youdocmilanowski
wants to move your relationship to the next levelcsoccer123
wants you in bedliausopraes
Loves your quirkinessshocktrprstupor
desperately loves to read your journalbarfthemog
Loves you more than you knowvivalanapoleon
thinks you are strangeliausopraes
Quiz created with MemeGen!

3 comments:

  1. I remember... one time... you and i were at Hillenbrand and we ate lunch.

    if i woke up and you were next to me in bed i would think "whoa... again? no wonder the bed felt so much smaller last night!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. one memory of ryan.. hmm.. one time he came over and we watched Fairly Odd Parents.

    good story i know.

    and if i woke up in bed with ryan.. id think... wow.. this looks familiar! JUST KIDDING>! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget about the other stuff Ryan, you too are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete