3.30.2005

an elementary collosion

Current Mood: under the weather
Current Music: "Fire Your Guns" by AC/DC

The big news.

As you may or may not have heard all ready, I'm officially a performing member of the Ship of Fools improvisational comedy troupe here at Purdue University. I started going to the meetings early first semester and apparently the group thought I had what it takes to make with the funny on stage. John and I are the two newest members, inducted last Friday.

Official Ship of Fools website

Bios of all nine members

Purdue, unlike Miami University, has two improv groups, but don't be fooled. The Crazy Monkeys are lame and terribly unfunny. The Fools are performing for the Purdue Student Union Board (PSUB) with the Monkeys on April Fool's Day, but alas I will not be performing. It's ok, because my first show will be Saturday, when the Fools drive four hours to Santa Claus, Indiana. That's right, a road gig, where we're the opening act for a professional comedian for an audience of approximately 400. Stage fright?

We still hold free open practice/club meetings Friday nights in Beering 2280. I also have practice with just the Fools at an undisclosed time/location. Somewhere in the middle of all this I need to start studying for my physics and calculus midterms next week.

AKindOfMagic14: Paul, Captain of the Ship of Fools, just IMed me
hippie0chick: oh?
AKindOfMagic14: told me to be at improv on Friday an hour early
hippie0chick: no shit?
hippie0chick: did he give you a reason?
AKindOfMagic14: to practice for my first show early April
hippie0chick: awh
AKindOfMagic14: I'm officially in the Ship of Fools
hippie0chick: no shit
hippie0chick: did he give you a reason
AKindOfMagic14: I broke the NCAA record for hilarity
AKindOfMagic14: they wanted me on the team
hippie0chick: what did you do that was so funny
AKindOfMagic14: they want me to start training and performing for real
hippie0chick: thats awesome:-) Im so proud of you
AKindOfMagic14: thanks!
AKindOfMagic14: I'm so nervous but excited at the same time

4 comments:

  1. I still can't believe there's no linkage love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan Garwood, you're my hero. Keep the updates a rollin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ryan!

    Good luck w/ the 1st show!

    ReplyDelete